- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
‘The Young and the Restless’ leads Emmy nominees
Question of the Day
The 41st annual Daytime Emmys will be presented June 22 in Beverly Hills, California.
“The Young and the Restless” will compete against CBS‘ “The Bold and the Beautiful” and NBC’s “Days of Our Lives” for best soap, with The Online Network’s “One Life to Live,” which was resurrected online after being axed by ABC, as the final nominee.
As Barbara Walters’ retirement nears, the ABC legend learned she was nominated for best talk-show host at “The View.” She’s nominated with her team - Whoopi Goldberg, Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd - and will compete against Dr. Mehmet Oz, Katie Couric, Rachael Ray and “The Talk” team of Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Aisha Tyler and Sheryl Underwood.
GSN’s “The American Bible Challenge” earned a nomination for best game show, with host Jeff Foxworthy nominated for best host. The religion-themed game will compete against stalwarts “Jeopardy!” ”The Price Is Right,” ”Wheel of Fortune” and “Let’s Make a Deal,” along with GSN’s “The Chase.”
Things will be uniquely competitive among the men at “The Young and the Restless” over the next month. Four of the show’s actors - Peter Bergman, Doug Davidson, Christian LeBlanc and Billy Miller - were nominated for best actor. The one outlier in the category is Jason Thompson of “General Hospital.”
CBS was the most-honored individual network with 61 nominations.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq