- Associated Press - Thursday, May 1, 2014

The director of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections, Robert Patton, released a letter to Gov. Mary Fallin on Thursday that included a timeline of the final day of Clayton Lockett. During his execution Tuesday night, Lockett convulsed and tried to lift his head after a doctor declared him unconscious, and prison officials halted the procedure. Lockett died 43 minutes after the execution began of what state officials have said was a heart attack.

- 5:06 a.m.: The Correctional Emergency Response team arrives at offender Lockett’s cell to escort to medical for X-rays as part of the execution protocol. Lockett refused orders to be restrained.

- 5:09 a.m.: CERT team exits unit in preparation for cell entry.

- 5:50 a.m.: CERT team and medical personnel on unit to conduct planned use of force. After giving a verbal order to be restrained, offender Lockett refused, and an electronic shock device (Taser) was administered.

- 5:53 a.m.: Offender Lockett was taken to H Unit medical room where it was found he had a self-inflicted laceration to his right arm. Treatment was administered. Offender Lockett was then transported by vehicle to the medical facility, Intermediate Health Care Center (IHCC), at Oklahoma State Penitentiary.

- 6:35 a.m.: Offender Lockett arrives at IHCC for treatment of self-inflicted injures which were observed during the cell extraction at 0550 hours.

- 6:45 a.m.: Offender Lockett was moved to an observation unit in IHCC. Medical personnel examined offender Lockett’s self-inflicted wounds. Three officers were assigned for continuous observation until 1719 hours.

- 7:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.: Offender Lockett was checked by the cell watch team, accompanied by medical personnel, every 15 minutes.

- 8:15 a.m.: Physician Assistant examined offender Lockett and determined that sutures were not needed.

- 8:40 a.m.: Offender Lockett was returned to an observation cell in IHCC.

- 8:50 a.m. - 9:35 a.m.: Offender Lockett was scheduled by the cell watch team every 15 minutes.

- 9:15 (approx.) a.m.: Offender Lockett refused visits from his attorneys.

- 9:42 a.m.: Offender Lockett was offered a food tray and refused the food tray.

- 9:55 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.: Cell watch team checked offender Lockett every 15 minutes.

- 10:25 (approx.) a.m.: Offender Lockett confirmed his refusal to visit with his attorneys.

Story Continues →