- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez tells Hispanics to vote and ‘punish those’ who oppose amnesty
- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
D.C. United scores early, holds off Philly to top last year’s win total
Question of the Day
CHESTER, Pa. — Chris Rolfe scored in the sixth minute to help D.C. United beat the Philadelphia Union 1-0 on Saturday for their fourth victory of the season, one more than they had last year.
Rolfe has 50 career regular-season goals.
D.C. United improved to 4-3-2, winning for the second time in three games. The Washington club’s first three victories came at home and is 1-2-1 on the road.
The Union lost for the first time at home this season and fell to 1-5-5 overall. They haven’t won since beating the New England Revolution 1-0 on March 15.
Andrew Wenger, Conor Casey, Danny Cruz and Cristian Maidana all had shots denied in a frenetic scramble in front of D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- U.S. scrambles as violence escalates in Israel-Hamas conflict
- Humanists seek support from Congress on military chaplains
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Big milestone for Britain's little prince
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq