- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Coach Thomas Tuchel leaving Mainz
Question of the Day
Mainz finished the season on Saturday with a 3-2 win over Hamburger SV to end up seventh and clinch a place in Europa League qualifying.
Tuchel said his decision to leave had come in the fall, during a slump, when he considering stepping down. Instead, he concluded that he could lift the team again, but not beyond the end of the season.
“This decision that this would be my last season in Mainz was for me personally a necessary step to be able to positively influence my players and my staff and to coach with a look-ahead approach,” Tuchel said.
The coach first told the players about his departure during a party to celebrate a successful season after the final match on Saturday.
Tuchel is not the first Bundesliga coach to leave at the end of the season. Huub Stevens, who saved Stuttgart from relegation, said on Saturday that he would not return. Eintracht Frankfurt coach Armin Veh is also not returning, in a decision announced earlier in the season.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world