- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Official: 2,700-acre fire spreads near Silver City
Question of the Day
SILVER CITY, N.M. (AP) - A Gila National Forest official says a 2,700-acre fire near Silver City has grown rapidly and has forced some evacuations.
Forest spokeswoman Punky Moore says that structures are threatened, and some ranches, a campground and a lookout were evacuated Sunday afternoon about 15 miles north of Silver City. She didn’t know how many people or properties were affected.
She says 100 firefighters, three air tankers and four helicopters are battling the blaze. A cause hasn’t yet been determined.
She says winds and dry vegetation are feeding the fire, and there is still potential for it to spread.
She says a Type 2 team will join the fight Monday, which brings additional people to help when the fire’s complexity and potential to grow exceeds the capabilities of local units.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Senate overcomes first filibuster of Obama's border-spending bill
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world