- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Rubio gives Hillary an “F’’ as secretary of state
Question of the Day
Sen. Marco Rubio on Sunday had harsh words for one of his potential 2016 rivals, saying former Secretary of State Hillary deserves an “F’’ at best for her four years on the job.
Mr. Rubio, Florida Republican, said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” he’s considering a run for president in 2016. Mrs. Clinton also is expected to run, and Mr. Rubio made clear that Benghazi and other ”massive failures’’ during the former first lady’s time at State will be front and center in the race.
“I’m sure she’s going to go on bragging about her time in the State Department. She’s also going to have to be held accountable for its failures, whether it’s the failed reset with Russia or the failure in Benghazi that actually cost lives,” he said.
“I don’t think she has a passing grade … Because if you look at the diplomacy that was pursued in her time in the State Department, it has failed everywhere in the world. So here’s what I would say: If she is going to run on her record as secretary of state, she’s also going to have to answer for its massive failures.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ben Wolfgang covers the White House for The Washington Times.
Before joining the Times in March 2011, Ben spent four years as a political reporter at the Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa.
He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Obama to Republicans: 'Stop just hatin' all the time'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- EPA hears testimony on proposed carbon emissions rules
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors