- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
UDel switches $1.4B endowment to Northern Trust
Question of the Day
The News Journal (http://delonline.us/1gbKsoo ) reports the move does not end the school’s relationship with Delaware-based Wilmington Trust. But it marks a change after 10 years with the bank.
A university spokeswoman says the school issued a request for proposals for a new custodial bank for the endowment. Experts say it’s not unusual for institutions to shop around for different services or pricing.
The student-run Blue Hen Investment Club also manages more than $1.5 million of the endowment.
The university’s endowment is used to fund operations, including scholarships and research. Based on 2013 market values, the endowment ranks No. 70 out of 849 universities in the U.S. and Canada.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq