- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
MGM Resorts’ casino plan: features, size and site
Question of the Day
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (AP) - MGM Resorts International wants to build an $800 million resort casino in Springfield, preserving a handful of historic structures and trying to maintain the downtown’s traditional streetscape. Here’s more:
- Location: border of downtown and South End neighborhood. (Between Main, Union and Howard streets and East Columbus Ave.)
- Size: about three city blocks (14.5 acres)
- Casino: 3,000 slot machines, 75 gaming tables and poker and high-limit gambling rooms
- Hotel: 250 rooms; 25 stories high
- Apartments: 54 market-rate units
- Retail and restaurant space: 55,000 sq. ft.
- Meeting and convention space: 45,000 sq. ft.
- Parking: 3,600-space garage
Source: MGM Resorts International
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors