- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
2 eaglets rescued from Bangor nest
Question of the Day
BANGOR, Maine (AP) - It turns out the sick bald eagle found sitting on a Bangor sidewalk last weekend was a mother.
An expert on Monday scaled nearly 100 feet up a tree to rescue two hungry but otherwise healthy eaglets, estimated to be about 6 weeks old.
The young eagles will be brought to Avian Haven in Freedom where they will be nursed and eventually reunited with their mother.
Meanwhile, mom appears to be doing much better.
Officials at Avian Haven tell WGME-TV (http://bit.ly/1nINIav ) that the adult - which has no physical injuries but appears to have lead and some other kind of toxin poisoning - is alert and standing on her own.
The goal is to one day release the eagle family back to the wild.
Information from: WGME-TV, http://www.wgme.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq