- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Connecticut governor candidate cited for speeding
Question of the Day
The Republican’s campaign spokesman says that Foley, the party’s 2010 nominee for governor, was cited Monday evening for speeding.
Christopher Cooper said Tuesday that Foley was pulled over on Route 9 northbound in Haddam, near exit 8 at 8:24 p.m. Cooper said Foley was returning from a fundraising event for Republican state Sen. Art Linares in Haddam.
A Quinnipiac University Poll released earlier this week showed Foley leads his fellow Republican contenders for the party’s endorsement. State Republicans are scheduled to choose their candidate on Saturday at the GOP convention, to be held at the Mohegan Sun casino.
Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is expected to be endorsed by his party on Friday in Hartford.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world