- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Judge dismisses lawsuit over houndstooth pattern
Question of the Day
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit over use of the houndstooth pattern made famous by hats worn by former Alabama football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant.
The University of Alabama System board of trustees and its president pro tem had filed the suit against a Georgia-based company over its use of the houndstooth pattern.
In an order filed Monday, U.S. District Court Judge R. David Proctor dismissed the case, noting the parties had reached a settlement. Details of the settlement weren’t immediately available.
The Tuscaloosa News reports (http://bit.ly/1ls9LS1 ) that the attorney for Houndstooth Mafia Enterprises was unavailable for comment on Monday.
The lawsuit filed in September 2013 was based on a dispute over trademark rights to the houndstooth pattern, which was used in a logo.
Information from: The Tuscaloosa News, http://www.tuscaloosanews.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors