- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
Sen. Mary Landrieu laughs it up with her dad in new campaign ad
Question of the Day
Sen. Mary Landrieu’s re-election campaign launched a new ad Tuesday that relies on humorous banter between the incumbent Democrat and her well-known father, former New Orleans Mayor Maurice “Moon” Landrieu.
“Dad, you’re one to talk,” the senator replies.
The 30-second spot then launches into a back-and-forth that praises Mrs. Landrieu for taking on BP after its oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and for urging the Obama administration to approve the Keystone XL pipeline.
“It means high-paying jobs for Louisiana,” she said.
Mr. Landrieu also extolls his daughter’s toughness as the new Energy Committee chair, and that now viewers know “why Putin won’t let her into Russia.”
The new ad is the first of a series.
“The ‘Father Daughter’ ads illustrate Mary’s long record of fighting and delivering for the people of Louisiana,” campaign spokeswoman Cherie Teamer said. “She learned from her father the importance of being relentless and passionate in fighting for jobs and the middle class and that’s the attitude she’s brought to Washington, D.C.”
Mrs. Landrieu is among several incumbent Democrats targeted by the GOP in its bid to retake the Senate.
Her main GOP opponent, Rep. Bill Cassidy, is using her support for Obamacare against her on the campaign trail.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
- New Democratic caucus will pressure GOP governors to expand Medicaid
- Insurers cough up refunds to subscribers under Obamacare ‘80-20 rule’
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq