- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
White police officer files discrimination suit
Question of the Day
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - An August trial is planned after a Kalamazoo Public Safety officer sued to say he was passed over for special assignments and promotion because he is white.
The Kalamazoo Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/1nDQEru ) David Moran, who has been with the department since 2006, in the lawsuit blames “deliberate attempts to tilt the playing field in favor of minority candidates at the expense of well-qualified and experienced white officers.”
The city, in response, denies any wrongdoing.
The city says bomb squad openings were filled by qualified candidates. It also says race played no role in the promotion decision.
A civil jury trial is scheduled for Aug. 20.
Information from: Kalamazoo Gazette, http://www.mlive.com/kalamazoo
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- More immigrants deported from New Mexico center
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Ron Paul: U.S. partly to blame for Malaysia Airlines disaster
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- Vladimir Putin pressured to aid Ukraine plane crash probe, rein in rebels
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq