- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
Fire chief defends Las Vegas ambulance responses
Question of the Day
LAS VEGAS (AP) - The fire chief in Las Vegas is insisting that all emergency calls in the city are handled equally, regardless of neighborhood or anticipated ability to pay for ambulance transport.
Fire Chief Willie McDonald responded Tuesday after a study paid for by private ambulance company American Medical Response accused firefighters of favoring patients from wealthy northwest neighborhoods while leaving inner-city hospital transports to AMR.
The report by Applied Analysis of Las Vegas also concluded that some residents in wealthier areas wait longer for ambulance transport due to delays contacting AMR.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1gEcyTO ) that McDonald called AMR’s claims completely false, but also said he hadn’t read the Applied Analysis report.
Since March 3, fire department paramedics have been first to respond to calls. AMR is summoned as needed.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world