- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
New Hampshire House passes pay equity bill
Question of the Day
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The New Hampshire House has passed legislation to addresses pay equity between men and women.
The House voted 233-103 Wednesday to send the bill to Gov. Maggie Hassan.
The bill prohibits employers from making people sign agreements not to disclose their salaries as a condition of employment and strengthens non-retaliation laws to protect employees who file claims under the law. The bill does not prohibit employers from paying workers different amounts based on factors such as seniority and performance. Workers not paid equal pay based on gender would have three years to initiate an action to recover unpaid wages.
Supporters said it would promote pay equity since workers would be able to discuss their salaries, but opponents said that could result in discord in the work place.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq