- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
SC Senate approves budget plan for 2014-15
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - South Carolina state senators have approved a $7 billion spending plan for state taxes after again rejecting Democrats’ push to expand Medicaid.
The Senate voted 38-6 on Wednesday to send their budget proposal back to the House. A conference committee will be appointed to work out the differences in the two chambers’ plans.
The Senate version expands full-day 4-year-old kindergarten for at-risk students to 14 additional districts.
Democrats fought unsuccessfully to expand Medicaid eligibility to more poor adults as called for in the federal health care overhaul. Republicans did not budge from their repeated refusal last year.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding the law made it an option rather than a mandate.
Gov. Nikki Haley has repeatedly said as long as she’s governor, that won’t happen.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world