- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
Tenant to manage Gulfport airport cargo warehouse
Question of the Day
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport commissioners Travis Lott and Frank Genzer have tentatively approved a long-awaited lease with Gateway America to manage the airport’s cargo warehouse.
The Sun Herald reports (http://bit.ly/RPxG3z ) Wednesday the lease would relieve the airport of $150,000 to $175,000 a year in operating expenses that Gateway will assume, plus generate roughly $3,500 a month in rent.
However, Gateway was not the staff’s first choice to manage the cargo warehouse. Gateway currently leases 20 percent of the warehouse for an irradiation operation focused on oysters. Irradiation kills bacteria and can extend the shelf life of perishables.
Gateway hopes to expand its customer base for the irradiator, but under the cargo management agreement with the airport, it would need to find other tenants and customers for the 40,000-square-foot building.
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq