- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Union asks court to strike proposed initiative
Question of the Day
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - A teachers and government workers union is petitioning the Montana Supreme Court to reject a proposed ballot initiative.
The proposed ballot measure seeks to reverse a previous high court decision to raise taxes on Charter Communications’ Montana property to the 6 percent telecommunications services rate instead of the 3 percent cable television rate.
The attorney general’s office approved Charter’s ballot language and the measure was cleared for signature-gathering earlier this month.
MEA-MFT President Eric Feaver told Lee Newspapers of Montana on Tuesday the union is challenging whether the initiative is legal. The union says the ballot statement is untrue, argumentative and would require the expenditure of funds from the state treasury, which only the Legislature can do.
Attorney general spokesman John Barnes says his office is reviewing the challenge.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors