- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
VA medical center replacing Ohio outpatient clinic
Question of the Day
LIMA, Ohio (AP) - The Dayton VA Medical Center is looking for a new site for one of its outpatient clinics in western Ohio.
Veterans Affairs officials planned to discuss the type of site needed Wednesday at the Lima (LY’-muh) Civic Center. The new location in Lima will replace the Lima Community Based Outpatient Clinic that the VA has leased since 2000.
A Dayton VA spokesman says officials hope to receive offers over the next few weeks and have a winning bid by the end of August. Spokesman Ted Froats says the new site to be leased must be an existing building with easy patient access from area roads and parking for at least 100 cars.
The center’s three other community based clinics are in Middletown and Springfield in Ohio and in Richmond, Indiana.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq