- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Brown files financial disclosure in DA race
Question of the Day
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Officials say former TV judge Joe Brown has filed his pre-primary financial disclosure report in the race for Shelby County district attorney, days after it was due.
According to The Commercial Appeal (http://bit.ly/1ouqrM6 ), a state database shows Brown filed his report on Tuesday. The report was due April 29, and an official with the state Bureau of Ethics and Campaign Finance said Monday that a $25-a-day fine for late disclosure was to have started that day.
Brown, a Democrat, is challenging Republican incumbent Amy Weirich. The election is Aug. 7.
Brown reported a $1,328 balance of campaign funds as of April 26, the last day of the pre-primary reporting period. Weirich reported a balance of $221,163.
Candidates’ next financial disclosure is due July 10.
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world