- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Montana State’s Jeff Mohl wins Big Sky decathlon
Question of the Day
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Montana State’s Jeff Mohl won the Big Sky Conference decathlon title Thursday, and Montana’s Lindsey Hall took the heptathlon.
Mohl, from Red Lodge, Montana, finished with a season-high 7,359 points to beat Portland State’s Nevin Lewis by 124 points.
Mohl won the pole vault at 16 feet, 0¾ inches, ran the 110-meter hurdles in 15.27 seconds, had marks of 116-8 in the discus and 159-3 in the javelin and ran the 1,500 in 4:47.81. On Wednesday, he ran the 100 in 10.88, had marks of 23-2½ in the long jump, 36-4 in the shot put and 6-5½ in the high jump, and finished the 400 in 49.37.
Hall, from Missoula, Montana, scored 5,401 points to beat Montana State’s Carley McCutchen by 10 points for her second career heptathlon title, record-tying fifth career multi-events championship and seventh overall Big Sky crown. She matched Idaho State’s Cassie Merkley for the most multi-events titles.
Hall had mark of 19-3½ in the long jump and 137-9 in the javelin and ran the 800 in 2:28.08. On Wednesday, she ran the 100 hurdles in 14.61, had marks of 5-6½ in the high jump and 41-7¼ in the shot put and finished the 200 in 26.87.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world