- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Field of Dreams owner says no pro baseball in 2014
Question of the Day
DYERSVILLE, Iowa (AP) - The president of the group that owns the Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa, says the site won’t host professional baseball this year.
The Dubuque Telegraph Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1iTSLjd ) that Denise Stillman, who leads the group Go the Distance Baseball, says the Northern League won’t have teams ready to play this season.
Go the Distance Baseball plans to build a sports complex near the Field of Dreams that initially would feature six fields, including one that could be home to a Northern League team. The group wants to expand in the future with ultimate plans for 24 fields for youth baseball and softball.
Stillman says plans to find an owner for a local team are ongoing.
The Field of Dreams was the site for a 1989 movie starring Kevin Costner.
Information from: Telegraph Herald, http://www.thonline.com
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq