- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
Messi set to get big raise from Barcelona
Question of the Day
The Argentina international has agreed to a new contract with Barcelona that could give him $27 million for each season. Combined with other performance-backed incentives, the 26-year-old Messi is expected to make millions more every year.
Barcelona did not release details of the deal, but called it “an agreement to adjust the terms in the contract binding Leo Messi to the club.”
Messi, who is expected to sign the restructured deal in the coming days, already has a contract with the Spanish champions through the 2017-18 season, making a reported $22 million per season. He also has a buy-out clause of $343 million.
The four-time Ballon d’Or winner has scored 28 league goals this season.
“Everything he does well also rubs off on us and makes us better,” Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino said Friday, a day before his team plays Atletico Madrid for the Spanish league title.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Brooklyn Bridge surrenders: White flags replace Old Glory atop icon
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq