- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Rush Limbaugh: ‘Boil it down,’ and youth only like Hillary Clinton for her gender
Question of the Day
“Boil it down,” he said during a recent broadcast, The Blaze reported, and look at how the Democratic Party has pushed the mantra that women have been put down by business, by certain politicians — particularly the Republicans — and has thrown the word “sexist” and “racist” with alarming frequency.
So no wonder the younger voters in America see these issues as real problems that need addressing — and that their responsibility is to use their votes to elect those who are perceived as “advancing as a culture” beyond the bias, Mr. Limbaugh explained.
“So you boil it down here, and the only and greatest achievement Hillary Clinton has is her gender — being female,” Mr. Limbaugh said, The Blaze reported. “Now, this is not everybody, obviously. It’s primarily young people.”
He drew his thoughts from a video that was posted on PJ Media that included a questioner asking young people in the audience to name the accomplishments of Mrs. Clinton — and they couldn’t, but yet still expressed enthusiasm with her becoming president.
Mr. Limbaugh, during his radio show, also descried what he said has become the liberal embrace of “identify politics” and called it damaging to the nation.
“If you get Hillary in there, any criticism of her will be sexist,” Mr. Limbaugh said of the pitfalls of making such election choices. And he later said: “If you look at someone and you only see their race, that’s what makes you racist. If you look at somebody and only see their gender, that makes you sexist. And that’s who these liberals are.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thomas the Tank Engine show is racist, British blogger accuses
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- Rush Limbaugh: 'There is no journalism anymore'
- Toronto's Rob Ford takes rehabbed self to kids' playground for political props
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world