- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
St Johnstone wins Scottish Cup
Question of the Day
GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) - St. Johnstone beat Dundee United 2-0 Saturday to win the Scottish Cup for the first time in the club’s 130-year history.
United midfielder Ryan Dow hit the post before Saints defender Steven Anderson headed in David Wotherspoon’s corner as a pulsating first half moved into stoppage-time at Celtic Park.
Striker Steven MacLean scored the second goal after 83 minutes to the delight of St. Johnstone’s 15,000 fans - a third of the population of the team’s home city of Perth in central Scotland.
The McDiarmid Park side appeared in its first final of the competition and rode its luck at times against Dundee United - a team it had beaten three times in four Scottish Premiership meetings this season.
Gun rights apply to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq