- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Woman reunited with daughter after nearly 5 years
Question of the Day
DELTONA, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida woman was joyously reunited with her daughter after nearly five years after authorities tracked the girl down in Mexico.
The Volusia County Sheriff's Office said Jodie Borchert of Deltona was reunited with her 12-year-old daughter Saturday in Miami, where the girl was transported after being found in the mountainous region of Hidalgo, Mexico, about two hours outside Mexico City. The child’s father, Aaron Cox, fled with the girl in August 2009, police said.
Cox, 55, was arrested and charged with interference with child custody. He is being held in Miami, awaiting extradition to Volusia County. It’s not known whether he has obtained an attorney.
“It is such a huge relief to bring this case to a successful conclusion,” said Brandon Haught, a spokesman for the Volusia County Sheriff's Office. “Reports are the girl is extremely happy to be reunited with her family.”
Authorities have pursued the case since the girl’s disappearance, but said no viable leads had emerged until Monday, when a tip was received at the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children. Over the following five days, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office worked with U.S. Marshals, the State Attorney’s Office and the Florida/Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported (http://bit.ly/1jWewE4 ) Cox could face additional charges and an investigation is still ongoing.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world