- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
2 critically hurt in Pennsylvania speedway crash
Question of the Day
DANVILLE, Pa. (AP) - Three sprint cars crashed at a central Pennsylvania racetrack over the weekend and two drivers remained hospitalized in critical condition Monday, officials said.
Mausteller was airlifted to Geisinger Medical Center in Danveille and Collard was taken there by ambulance, the organization said. Both remained listed in critical condition Monday, a hospital representative said.
Officials said the crash, which happened on the backstretch of the third lap of the 360 Sprint Car race, also involved Shawn Donath, of South Onodaga, New York, who was uninjured.
Kathleen Mausteller told The (Sunbury) Daily Item that relatives tried to talk Mausteller out of racing before he was injured last year.
“His father said this is it, no more racing,” she said.
Collard’s wife, Leslie, in a post on the Facebook page of Empire Super Sprints, which sponsors both drivers, expressed thanks from herself and her husband for the thoughts and prayers of well-wishers. She said he has two broken vertebrae and broken ribs, and more tests would be done.
“We really appreciate all the messages from everyone and are looking forward to a speedy recovery” the message said. “Jamie has also been texting us and in good spirits!”
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Sarah Palin's online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Feds accept boredom, lack of work as excuses for surfing porn on clock
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world