- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Redskins, Patriots to hold joint training camp practices
Question of the Day
Those practices, which will take place from Aug. 4 through Aug. 6, will be open to the public. The teams will then play each other at FedEx Field in Landover on Aug. 7.
“Thanks to the Bon Secours Washington Redskins Training Center, we have a facility that has the capabilities to host joint practices of this nature where both teams can come together to prepare for the 2014 season,” general manager Bruce Allen said in a statement released by the Redskins.
Joint practices are not uncommon during training camp, though Mike Shanahan did not hold any during his four years coaching the Redskins. First-year coach Jay Gruden was the offensive coordinator of the Cincinnati Bengals last season when they took part in a joint practice in Georgia with the Atlanta Falcons, while the Patriots held joint practices with the Philadelphia Eagles and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last August.
“Who would have guessed that we’d have two NFL teams playing football right in the center of our city,” Richmond mayor Dwight C. Jones said in the statement. “Our state-of-the-art training facility is generating excitement and exposure for Richmond, Virginia even beyond what I envisioned. Welcoming the New England Patriots to Richmond for practice sessions with the Washington Redskins this summer couldn’t be more thrilling.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- 2014 Redskins training camp: Quarterbacks preview
- DeSean Jackson, Andre Roberts give Redskins' receiving corps a boost
- In Arena Football League, dreams of following Jay Gruden's path
- 2014 Redskins training camp: Tight ends preview
- 2014 Redskins training camp: Wide receivers preview
Latest Blog Entries
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq