- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Sen. Warren: System tilts against working families
Question of the Day
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren says she’s pushing for equal pay, a higher minimum wage and student loan refinancing because they can directly improve the economic lives of women and working families.
Warren said two out of three minimum wage earners are women and raising the wage to $10.10 would benefit 14 million children.
The Massachusetts Democrat also said having children is the most reliable predictor of bankruptcy and that single mothers who attend college are 60 percent more likely to go bankrupt than single mothers who don’t.
Warren has filed a bill to ease student loan debt.
U.S. Rep. Katherine Clark, speaking at the same forum Monday, said she’ll file her first bill Tuesday aimed at making child care more accessible for children up to 3 years old, typically the most expensive and hardest to find.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors