- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Berlin Airlift couldn’t happen under Obama
Question of the Day
The Berlin Airlift — the Luftbrocke or “Airbridge” to the Germans — epitomized my America and made me proud (“Berlin Airlift: When American power was unstoppable,” Web, April 29). Some of the German children photographed watching a “candy bomber” from the Tempelhof fence probably helped raise the monument to the American air bridge that now stands at the Tempelhof entrance.
I wonder how those children, now seniors if they are still living, regard today’s America. With President Obama’s botched handling of Vladimir Putin and Russia, and the latest Benghazi news on the front page, it’s clear that the only promise kept by this president has been “fundamental change.” His governance of this change leaves me sad and ashamed.
Thank you, Thomas V. DiBacco and The Washington Times, for your sensible, thoughtful reporting and analysis. You are almost alone and sorely needed.
GEORGE F. STEEG
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Time for some policy 'pars' from golfer-in-chief
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Redskins partnership is a win-win
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case