- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Sheridan discusses changes to tax distribution
Question of the Day
SHERIDAN, Wyo. (AP) - Sheridan city councilors are trying to figure out what to do with Sheridan County’s Optional One-Cent Sales Tax, which is up for renewal in November.
The city discussion is focusing on whether a portion of tax could be used to help fund more reliable, subsidized air service at Sheridan County Airport.
That project is estimated to cost $2 million per year. The subsidy amount would be split between Sheridan County, Johnson County and the city of Sheridan.
The Sheridan Press reports (http://tinyurl.com/m9pf9f3) the remaining portion of the city’s one-cent sales tax revenues would likely go to nonprofit organizations, but also could be used to support larger projects.
Information from: The Sheridan (Wyo.) Press, http://www.thesheridanpress.com/
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors