- Troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
Grant to help create Indianapolis hearing center
Question of the Day
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A $1.5 million grant will help create an Indianapolis center to provide speech therapy, audiology, school outreach and counseling for parents of children who are deaf or have a hearing loss.
Lilly Endowment Inc. awarded the $1.5 million, three-year grant to Easter Seals Crossroads to create the center in partnership with the statewide nonprofit organization Hear Indiana. The center is expected to open in later this year.
Easter Seals and Hear Indiana officials said Monday that the need for such a center is great. They say at least 3,300 children in Indiana have deafness or some degree of hearing loss, and that number grows by 200 to 250 each year. One in four teens has a hearing loss, partly because of frequent exposure to high-volume headphones and ear buds.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world