- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Arkansas tops Mississippi 2-1 in SEC tourney
Question of the Day
HOOVER, Ala. (AP) - Chris Oliver allowed only one unearned run in 6-1/3 innings to help Arkansas beat Mississippi 2-1 in the Southeastern Conference tournament on Wednesday.
Oliver (8-4) allowed four hits and walked two batters before two relievers finished the win off for the Razorbacks (37-21). The Rebels (40-17) move into the loser’s bracket of the double-elimination tournament.
Michael Gunn worked around two hits in one inning’s work and Jacob Stone allowed one walk and a hit in the final 1-2/3 innings for his second save.
Brian Anderson scored what proved the winning run in the sixth. He singled, stole second, moved to third on a groundout and scored on a wild pitch.
Pinch-hitter Colby Bortles singled home Sikes Orvis for the Rebels’ only run in the seventh.
Errol Robinson was 2 for 2 with a walk for Ole Miss.
Clark Eagan and Andrew Benintendi both had a pair of hits for Arkansas.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq