- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Chicago-area police to carry heroin overdose drug
Question of the Day
GENEVA, Ill. (AP) - Two counties in suburban Chicago are looking at giving police a drug that can reverse heroin overdoses while they’re happening.
The Daily Herald reports (http://bit.ly/RUMsGb ) that DuPage County has a pilot project and Kane County is investigating if local police departments are interested in a similar program. Barb Jeffers is executive director of the Kane County Health Department. She says trained officers would each carry two doses of the drug Narcan.
The drug will be administered via nasal spray. Officers who use a dose would have to report the incident to the health department to receive a replacement.
DuPage County announced its program last year. Sheriff’s deputies are expected to start carrying the drug this month.
Information from: Daily Herald, http://www.dailyherald.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors