- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Daughter-in-law accused in killing of NY woman
Question of the Day
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a woman from Florida has been charged with killing her mother-in-law in suburban New York.
Three other women have also been arrested in the killing of 80-year-old Peggy Nadell of Valley Cottage.
Nadell’s body was discovered by her daughter in her home on Jan. 25.
Police and the Rockland County district attorney would not comment Wednesday on a motive for the killing or the relationship among the defendants.
Nadell had been a county Democratic committeewoman and was outspoken on environmental and women’s rights issues.
The daughter-in-law, Diana Nadell of Cutler Bay, Florida, was charged with murder and conspiracy, as was Andrea Benson of Washington, D.C. Tanisha Joyner of Washington and Elita Grant of East Long Beach, California, were charged with conspiracy. Prosecutors are seeking extradition for all four.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Pro-Russia rebel commander suggests passengers died days before Malaysian flight
- TYRRELL: The birth of a new alignment in the Middle East
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq