- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Seminoles beat Tar Heels 7-1 in ACC tournament
Question of the Day
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) - Billy Strode threw six scoreless innings to help Florida State beat North Carolina 7-1 on Wednesday night in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
Strode (2-1) allowed four hits for the second-seeded Seminoles (42-14), who blew the game open with a four-run fourth inning. Danny De La Calle hit a two-run double while Casey Smit added an RBI single that helped FSU build a 5-0 lead.
Justin Gonzalez also drove in two runs, had two hits and scored two runs for Florida State.
Alex Raburn had two hits and drove in the only run for the seventh-seeded Tar Heels (33-24), who advanced to pool play by beating rival North Carolina State in Tuesday’s elimination round.
Taylore Cherry (2-3) allowed seven hits and six runs in 5 1-3 innings for the Tar Heels, the reigning tournament champions.
FSU will face sixth-seeded Maryland on Friday, while UNC will play third-seeded Virginia.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq