- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
Tennessee adds former Ohio signee Tariq Owens
Question of the Day
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee has added former Ohio signee Tariq Owens to its recruiting class.
Owens, a 6-foot-10 forward from Odenton, Maryland, signed with Ohio in November. He was granted a release from his letter of intent after Boston College hired away former Ohio coach Jim Christian.
In a university release Wednesday announcing the signing, Tennessee coach Donnie Tyndall said Owens “can step out and make 15- to 18-footers, and he certainly has the potential to impact the game at the defensive end early in his career.”
Owens joins a recruiting class that also includes forwards Willie Carmichael and Jabari McGhee, guard Detrick Mostella and junior-college guards Devon Baulkman and Kevin Punter. Tennessee also has added two graduate transfers - former IUPUI guard Ian Chiles and former Florida Gulf Coast forward Eric McKnight.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world