- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Virginia health officials confirm 2nd measles case
Question of the Day
McLEAN, Va. (AP) - Health officials in northern Virginia have confirmed a second case of measles in the area.
Wednesday’s announcement comes two weeks after officials confirmed the initial case. The second case occurred in a person who was in close contact with the first case.
Health officials say that, in an abundance of caution, they are seeking to identify people who may have been exposed. They have provided a detailed list of locations in northern Virginia, the District of Columbia and Maryland, where exposures could have occurred.
Measles is easily prevented by a vaccine that most people receive in childhood. The disease starts with a fever and watery, red eyes and later causes a rash that begins on the face and spreads over the body.
List of potential exposure sites: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/news/PressReleases/2014/052114Measles.htm
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq