- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
Group favoring wolf hunting to submit petitions
Question of the Day
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - A group that favors hunting gray wolves in Michigan says it has gathered enough petition signatures to bring the matter before the state Legislature.
Citizens for Professional Wildlife Management says it will submit more than 350,000 signatures to the secretary of state’s office in Lansing next Tuesday.
That is well above the 258,000 signatures needed to authorize a citizen-initiated law. If the Legislature approves the measure without changes within 40 days, it will take effect.
The proposal would allow the Legislature or the appointed Natural Resources Commission to designate a species as game that could be hunted. The commission would be responsible for scheduling hunting seasons, based on scientific fish and wildlife management principles.
The proposal is intended to override proposals on the November ballot that would stop wolf hunting.
TWT Video Picks
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world