- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Legislator deploying to Kosovo
Question of the Day
LEAVENWORTH, Kan. (AP) - A state House member from northeast Kansas has decided against running for re-election as she prepares to deploy to Kosovo with the 35th Infantry Division.
The Leavenworth Times reports (http://bit.ly/1okywk3 ) Meier was recently notified of her pending deployment to Kosovo as part of the National Guard’s ongoing mission in NATO peacekeeping operations.
Meier said in a news release it would be unfair to voters if she won re-election knowing she would miss the 2015 legislative session.
Meier was first elected to the Kansas House in 2008 but mobilized in early 2009 for a yearlong deployment to Iraq. She resigned her seat but regained it in a special election upon her return.
Information from: Leavenworth (Kan.) Times, http://www.leavenworthtimes.com
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors