- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
Woman busted for drunk driving in Mayor Rob Ford’s Escalade: report
Question of the Day
A Canadian woman enrolled at the same rehab facility as Toronto Mayor Rob Ford was reportedly charged Tuesday afternoon after she was caught driving the mayor’s black Cadillac Escalade while intoxicated.
The Toronto Sun reports that Lee Anne McRobb, 36, was in rehab treatment at GreeneStone Muskoka with Mr. Ford. The mayor is still in rehab, his attorney says, but his SUV was impounded more than 40 miles away in Gravenhurst.
The woman was charged with impaired driving and is scheduled to appear in court in Bracebridge on June 17, the Sun reported.
Mr. Ford has been on a leave of absence since April and in rehab for his admitted alcoholism. He was spotted Friday with his Escalade in Muskoka, dropping off a suit for dry cleaning, the Sun reported.
Mr. Ford’s lawyer Dennis Morris was relieved to hear that the mayor wasn’t involved in the drunken driving incident.
“I have not spoken to him, he’s in rehab as far as I’m concerned,” he told the paper. “There is no allegation [Mr. Ford] was behind the wheel — that’s good news.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Doctor, 2 others shot at Pennsylvania hospital: reports
- Andrew Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Alec Baldwin refuses to apologize for berating cops: 'I’d rather pay the fine'
- Washington Post reporter, 2 other Americans detained in Iran
- Browns fan records himself urinating on grave of former Ravens owner Art Modell
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq