- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: It’s Kochs vs. Steyer on Keystone pipeline
Question of the Day
Billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch support policies and projects, such as the Keystone XL pipeline, that create and expand jobs. The Kochs oppose Obamacare and support fewer government regulations and more constitutional freedoms. Yet, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, criticizes the Koch brothers for their support of Keystone and other job-creating projects (“Democrats struggle to decide if blood is thicker than oil,” Web, May 11).
San Francisco billionaire Tom Steyer opposes Keystone but supports Obamacare, more government regulations and fewer constitutional freedoms. Mr. Reid fully supports Mr. Steyer, likely because Mr. Steyer reportedly may provide more than $100 million in campaign resources to maintain a 2014 Democratic Senate majority. Workers lose; money talks.
Even President Obama’s darling labor unions have begun rejecting Mr. Obama. A solid majority of Americans, including union members, are in support of the Keystone pipeline.
Do not be surprised if before the elections Mr. Obama reverses his political position and supports the Keystone pipeline — in an effort to bring his previous supporters back onto his and the Democrats’ team. Meanwhile, it is the Koch brothers and their ilk who are making every effort to create jobs to rebuild our economy.
OSCAR Y. HARWARD
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media are complicit in Hamas' tactics
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gazans should help defeat Hamas
- EDITORIAL: The impeachment trap
- EDITORIAL: Illegal aliens in the shadows? What shadows?
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so