- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Michelle Nunn leads potential GOP challengers in Georgia Senate race
Question of the Day
A senate” target=”_blank”>new poll released Friday shows that Democrat Michelle Nunn holds an edge over the two Republicans who are vying to run against her in the Georgia race to replace retiring GOP Sen. Saxby Chambliss.
The Rasmussen Reports poll found that Mrs. Nunn, the daughter of former Sen. Sam Nunn, leads Rep. Jack Kingson by a 47 percent to 41 percent margin, and businessman David Perdue by a 45 percent to 42 percent margin.
Mr. Perdue and Mr. Kingston won the top two spots in the crowded Georgia GOP primary earlier this week, but they did not capture more than 50 percent of the vote, which was needed to avoid a July 22 runoff.
Mrs. Nunn is viewed as one of Democrats best bets of flipping a GOP-held seat in the 2014 midterm elections, where Republicans are working to pick up the six seats they need to seize control of the Senate.
The survey of 750 likely Georgia voters was conducted on May 21 and 22, and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Achin' for Akin: Democrats praying for GOP Gaffes in midterms
- GOP 2014: Republican governors cite their economic stewardship
- Perdue, Nunn square off in race for Georgia's open Senate seat
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- Alison Lundergan Grimes hits Mitch McConnell over jobs
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
The Second Amendment applies to the District, too
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq