- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
Miley Cyrus gets restraining order vs. Arizona man
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Miley Cyrus obtained a temporary restraining order Friday against an Arizona man who was recently detained by police while trying to meet the singer-actress.
A Los Angeles judge granted Cyrus the stay-away order against Devon Meek after Cyrus‘ lawyers filed court documents stating that Meek, 24, believes the singer is communicating to him through her songs.
Los Angeles police arrested the man from the southeastern Arizona city of Sierra Vista on May 16, and he was placed in a psychiatric hospital, where he remains. Meek has said he will continue to try to meet Cyrus once he is released, according to filings by Cyrus‘ attorneys and a police detective.
Smith wrote that a police officer who interviewed Meek “informed me that Mr. Meek stated that when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms. Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms. Cyrus‘ residence until Ms. Cyrus accepts him or he dies.”
A hearing to extend the restraining order for three years is scheduled for June 16.
There is no declaration from Cyrus in the filing. The pop star rose to fame as the star of the TV show “Hannah Montana” and has recently postponed several concerts while she recovers from her representatives have said is an allergic reaction to antibiotics.
Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP .
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq