- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Calif. killer thought to be the son of assistant director from ‘The Hunger Games’
Question of the Day
The 22-year-old male responsible for a shooting rampage that left seven people dead near University of California Santa Barbara, is thought to be the son of “The Hunger Games” Assistant Director, Peter Rodgers, several media outlets reported Saturday.
The killer, Elliot Rodgers, shot six people in a series of drive-by-shootings Friday night, shortly after posting chilling videos expressing his sexual frustrations and murderous plans.
His step-mother was actress Soumaya Akaaboune, who appeared in “The Green Zone” and was a star of a French version of “The Real Housewives” reality series.
In several online videos Elliot Rodgers explains his need to punish women who have snubbed him.
“Girls gave their affection and sex and love to other men but never to me,” he says in one video.
“All those girls that I’ve desired so much, they would’ve all rejected me and looked down upon me as an inferior man if I ever made a sexual advance towards them while they throw themselves at these obnoxious brutes,” he continues, adding that he’d take “great pleasure in slaughtering” them.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Kellan Howell, an investigative reporter for The Washington Times, covers campaign finance and government accountability. Originally from Williamsburg, Va., Kellan graduated from James Madison University where she received bachelor’s degrees in media arts and design and international affairs with a concentration in western European politics.
During her time at JMU, she interned for British technology and business news website “ITPro” ...
- Border service faulted on staffing levels
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- Joan Rivers: CNN should be 'ashamed' of its Israel, Gaza reporting
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors