- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Carbon dioxide obsession is absurd
Question of the Day
The problem with the current debate over climate change is that it is so narrowly focused. Are those people who say humanity’s carbon emissions are driving “dangerous climate change” serious? They must be, given the heat their anxiety generates. Do such people really think the Earth is a closed system and that our weather is not influenced by the solar system?
It’s as though cosmic forces play no part in shaping Earth’s weather, or if they do, then it’s only a minor part. We are bombarded daily with the message that carbon dioxide is driving global warming. However, any competent climate scientist knows there are many factors that influence climate, including forces both from within and outside the Earth’s atmosphere. This obsession with honing in on one tiny component in the atmosphere and attributing to it carbon dioxide (the principal shaper of weather on this planet) is completely misguided.
Why do climate-change alarmists think that one player makes a football team? Any successful football team has not only many good players, it also has a good coaching staff and administration behind it. Blaming carbon dioxide for causing “dangerous climate change” is actually going further: It’s like saying a champion football player is good because of the color of his shoes. Blaming carbon dioxide for causing climate change is exactly the same.
Warming or cooling, the weather is not being controlled or driven by carbon dioxide levels, natural or man-made.
About the Author
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reject any legislation dubbed 'comprehensive'
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Media are complicit in Hamas' tactics
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Gazans should help defeat Hamas
- EDITORIAL: The impeachment trap
- EDITORIAL: Illegal aliens in the shadows? What shadows?
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case