- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Randy Wittman, Wizards near 3-year extension: report
Question of the Day
Yahoo Sports cited league sources for the news Tuesday afternoon, hours after Wizards owner Ted Leonsis sat at a Verizon Center podium for the introduction of a new coach for his other team, the Washington Capitals.
“Now we’ll move forward to the Wizards, and the first order of priority is the coach,” Leonsis told NBC Washington on Tuesday afternoon. “I thought the coach did a very fine job for us, and we’re sitting down and talking to Randy and his people, and Randy did a very fine job for us.
“We did all the exit interviews. I’m finding that doing some of the exit interviews are a very good process for us. You learn lots of stuff. The players respected the coach and they played hard for him, so I think he deserves the opportunity to come back and lead us even deeper in the playoffs next year.”
Despite the best campaign of his NBA coaching career, his overall record stands at 191-329 (.367) in parts of eight seasons as coach of the Cavaliers, Timberwolves and Wizards.
“I always anticipate on being back until someone tells me I’m not,” he told reporters last week.
“This is probably the best I’ve been prepared going into games, going into playoffs,” Miller said. “The passion of the coaching staff filtered through the players and the players wanted to perform and work hard for the coaches. That says a lot.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world