- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
5 Things to Know in Florida for May 29
Question of the Day
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
GOV SCOTT TO SUE US VETERANS HOSPITALS
Gov. Rick Scott says he plans to sue the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs because it won’t let state hospital officials inspect federal medical care facilities in Florida. He made the announcement Wednesday, though the lawsuit had not yet been filed.
FLORIDA COURT VOIDS EX-FBI AGENT’S MURDER CONVICTION
A divided Florida appeals court on Wednesday tossed the murder conviction and lengthy prison sentence for a former FBI agent in the decades-old mob-style killing of a gambling executive. The 3rd District Court of Appeal ruled 2-1 that former agent John Connelly was improperly convicted for his role in the 1982 slaying of World Jai-Alai President John Callahan.
TRIAL UNDERWAY OF MAN ACCUSED OF PLOTTING ATTACK
Opening statements were given in the trial of a man accused of plotting a terrorist attack in Tampa. The trial of 27-year-old Sami Osmakac began in federal court in Tampa on Wednesday. Assistant U.S. Attorney Sara Sweeney said Osmakac planned to wreak havoc in Tampa by blowing up a car bomb outside an Irish pub and then using grenades and an AK-47 to take hostages at the Seminole Hard Rock Casino and demand the release of Muslim prisoners.
NO BOND FOR WOMAN CHARGED IN DEATH OF GIRL
A woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl in her bathtub and attempting to fatally drug a 10-year-old boy will be held without bond. A judge made the ruling on Wednesday in West Palm Beach. Kimberly Lucas was the longtime partner of the children’s biological mother.
SWAYZE’S WIDOW WEDS 5 YEARS AFTER ACTOR’S DEATH
The widow of Patrick Swayze has remarried five years after his death. Lisa Niemi Swayze confirmed her marriage Sunday on Twitter. She wrote “How often does lighting strike twice?” and said it was “an incredible, wonderful, joyous day.” A marriage record filed with Palm Beach County shows the groom is Albert Deprisco. The couple lives in Boca Raton.
TWT Video Picks
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors