- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Ohio urges vaccines amid measles, mumps outbreaks
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - State health officials urging Ohioans to ensure they’re vaccinated for measles and mumps say graduation celebrations and summer travel can be opportunities for such diseases to spread if people don’t take preventative measures.
At least 396 cases of mumps have been confirmed in an outbreak of the contagious viral illness in central Ohio.
The total has grown to 164 cases for a separate measles outbreak that began among Amish who had traveled to the Philippines, which has had an epidemic of the respiratory illness. One-hundred of those cases are in Knox County.
The Ohio Department of Health says it has distributed more than 13,000 doses of the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine to fight the measles outbreak. Officials say local health departments have administered more than 8,000 of those doses so far.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world