- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
Border agent killed on Arizona interstate
Question of the Day
PHOENIX (AP) - Arizona officials have released the name of an on-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent who was killed in a rollover accident on Interstate 10 near Benson.
Another agent was injured in Wednesday morning’s accident, but neither his name nor his condition has been disclosed yet.
The office of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer identified Alexander Giannini as the officer who died in the crash.
Brewer’s office say Giannini was based out of the Willcox Station and had been with the Border Patrol since 2009.
The governor has ordered that flags at all state office buildings be lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset Thursday in honor of Giannini.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq